Let's do the previous three months' Birchboxes all in one fell swoop!
- Ojon damage reverse Restorative Finishing Spray - I'm still a little confused by this product. It's kind of like hairspray, but it has a light hold. And it also nourishes and protects hair from sun, pollution, etc. I guess I've never heard of a nourishing hairspray. Regardless, I don't use this too terribly much because the scent is s.t.r.o.n.g.
- Juicy Couture La La - I LOVED one of the Juicy perfumes I was sent, and I hated the other. This third sample from the brand is somewhere in between. It's a little zesty, and I like more of a soft-but-not-sweet scent, I suppose.
- Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox Beauty Balm - I received a Dr. Jart+ BB before, and it left me wanting more moisture and actually made me break out! The same for this one. So... :(
- Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara - Goes on very smoothly, gives lashes more of a dramatic, separated look instead of full and fluffy - not bad, but not the look I'm usually going for.
- Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel Square - Yum!
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque and Healing Oil Treatment - Confession: I haven't used this yet. I kind of forgot I had it. But I'm definitely excited to try the masque - I love a hair masque. The Healing Oil Treatment sounds like Moroccan Oil, which is my fave. But I'll be glad to have this travel-size equivalent on hand.
- Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board - I love cute, practical things. For example, this emery board. I don't think I'd pay $5 for it in the store, but since it's "free" in my box, I'll take it :)
- Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream - Super moisturizing, this cream is more like a lotion than the standard foam you'd get from other brands. The blueberry scent I received smells exactly like a blueberry muffin, which is slightly strange to smell when I'm in the shower.
- Alima Pure Blush in Freja - This is such a great, luminous powder blush. It does exactly what it says in the Birchbox store: "blends like a dream and delivers a truly natural-looking flush." My only complaint is that it's loose and the tiny sample container doesn't make it easy to use.
- Stella Cadente Miss Me Discrete? - This was good stuff. I used up the small sample spritzer of this perfume fast. The scent is soft, not-too-sweet, warm and lovely. And the full-size bottle is gorgeous!
- I don't know where that little black card that says benefit on it came from, or where it went. But I don't think it was from Birchbox.
- Kusmi Tea - Now Birchbox has included tea in three of my boxes. I'm just not into tea. But I may give these a try someday - I received samples of Boost and Sweet Love, which is supposed to put me in the mood. Um, ok.
- Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel - This smells really good, kind of an herby clean scent. Plus, it's supposed to be good for sensitive skin because it's olive oil-based. I don't know that I'd use this as an everyday soap, but I like having choices when I shower.
- Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color - This duo is also up there as far as scent goes. Wow! Plus, the conditioner is super rich and thick, which makes me think it's really doing it's job of moisturizing my dry, color-treated tresses.
- Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream - I've never used an eye cream before, although I've read a few things that say I should. I like that this has an SPF built in and that it doesn't smell like it.
- Women's Heath Magazine Subscription - This was a fun surprise! I filled out the card (no purchase necessary and it didn't ask for a credit card number), sent it in and received my first issue this month!
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Quick Kiss - This full-size(!) lipstick pencil had me a little hesitant at first. I received the "daring orange" shade, and that is definitely a color I've never had in my lipstick arsenal. The pencil goes on very, very smoothly and very, very boldly. But I've found that if I blot after applying, it leaves me with a bright, seasonal pop of color that sparks up my look perfectly. Check it:
And that's three Birchbox posts for ya. I'll have May's review ready in just a few days and then we'll take a little break. :)